The Relation between development and Steel is like Life & Oxygen. Without Steel we can't develop our
nation and wherever there is Steel, rust is in-evitable.
Here are some pictures of Bridges, Rail bogies. Rail tracks. Oil containers and other Steel Structures, which shows how rust spoils our incredible structures in front of our eyes due to the devastating effects of corrosion. Not only corrosion but of more importance crevice corrosion and pack rust.
For more than 100 years. Steel Structures & Bridges have been erected throughout the world, fascinating with wonderful histories. So it is our duty to keep them away from rust and corrosion through proper maintenance.
Maintenance - While maintaining, the first which come in our mind is how to keep away our Steel
Structure from rusting & corrosion. Rust is like a cancer and without thoroughly de-rusting of the outer
surfaces of steel, three coat Zinc based coating system does not work. Three coat Zinc based type coating system does not chemically deal with the corrosion process that exists within connection and joints. Sand Blasting or any other method will not remove the corrosion products in inaccessible areas.
The active corrosion cells (within crevices) include water, oxygen and hydrochloric acid (and sometimes
also nitric and sulfuric acids). The corrosion process will not be stopped by caulking or sealing up of the
exterior edges of the connections. In fact, within the connections there are oxygen concentration cells, which are created when sealing up connections. If connections are sealed up without treating them with an active chemistry to neutralize the acids, displace the moisture and scavenge the oxygen it will actually accelerate the development of protons which in turn creates more acid, thereby driving the corrosion process within the space between the steel members.
Sealing up the joint without doing something to neutralize the active corrosion product in the joint actually accelerates the corrosion. This type of coating system frequently fails at the joints and connections within six months to a year. The result is rust leaking from within the connections onto the exterior surfaces of the Structures & Bridges. Therefore it is important to find out a solution to this problem.
To overcome aforesaid problem our chemist of Chemical Division after prolonged research and efforts
found successfully a formula of an organic & in-organic compound namely "Steel-O-Life" which will
chemically deal with rust and neutralize the active corrosion product on the steel. "Steel-O-Life" being
very thin like water is accessible up to any interior surfaces i.e. in the connections and joints- "Steel-O-Life" is far superior device than any other method of de-rusting. Even sand blasting is very costly and
inaccessible to interior areas.
Steel-O-Life is ready for use, water based, rust
preventive and corrosion free compound.
Technical Data Sheet
- Inorganic chemical compound.
- Non-inflammable, Non-Evaporative, Fire
- Specific Gravity - 1.30 gm/cm.
- Viscosity - 1.035 approx.
- Film Thickness - Zero Microns (under
- Treatment time - 5 seconds.
- Chemical reaction time - 15 to 20 minutes.
- Curing time - 24 hours, should not wash
with water till 24 hours of application of
Minimum 250 sq. ft. - 400 sq. ft. subject to the specification of the product & Application Method.
Note: * Period mentioned here in may vary according to climatic conditions as well as application procedures.
- Steel-O-Life can easily remove the rust from any type of rusted iron and protects iron from further rusting for a period of minimum 3 to 4 years in open weather.
- It is an anti-corrosive chemical which converts rust into steel.
- It increases the bonding strength upto 100% resulting extended strength and life of concrete.
- Steel-O-Life is a boon for longer and durable life to expensive machinery, equipments and tools by protecting them from resulting reduction in maintenance and replacement cost.
- Steel-O-Life is resistant of scratch and corrosion.
- No need of applying any primer before final color or paint which saves a lot of cost of primer.
Steel-O-Life is used in civil and maintenance work. It should be applied on all types of construction steel materials, machineries, equipments, machine tools etc. Steel-O-Life is very much useful on nuts and bolts, roof bolting, under carriage vehicles, everywhere where steel is used.
Steel-O-Life is your best rust treatment and corrosion control option because it meets all your metal
surface preparation by converting the rust and other Domestic & Industrial use :
- Decks & Deck Railing
- Boat Trailers
- Oar Locks
- Shipping Containers
- Automotive Restoration
- Vehicle Frames
- Recreational Equipment
- Utility Trailers
- Quarter Panels
- Garden Tools
- Wrought Iron furniture & railings
- Decorative Screens
- Pet Housing
- Storage & Fuel Tanks
- Structural Steel
- Manufacturing equipment
- Farm Equipment
- Fencing and Gates
Application of Steel-O-Life
- Does not require any surface preparation. Simply clean the steel surface or parts from dusts, rusty panicles, grease or oil and allow the surface to dry.
- Shake the compound before use.
- To use Steel-O-Life any of the following process may be applied:
- Using Cotton,
- Spray Gun
- Direct Dipping
- After application of compound leave the treated object 15 to 20 minutes to dry and get chemical reaction to be completed.
- Only one layer is sufficient which saves a lot of cost.
Results of Steel-O-Life
A Safe & Eco-friendly Treatment
Steel-O-Life confirms to RoHS (reduction of Hazardous Substance Directive 2002/95/EC) thereby it does not contain Lead, Hexavalent Chromium, Mercury, Cadmium. Polybrominated Diphenylethers.